Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2004

Tuesday stuff
I love life...Yeah, I'm sad, but at the same time, I'm really happy that something could make me feel that sad. It's like...It makes me feel alive, you know. It makes me feel human. The only way I could feel this sad now is if I felt something really good before. So I have to take the bad with the good. So I guess what I'm feeling is like a beautiful sadness. -- Trey Parker & Matt Stone, South Park, Raisins, 2003

What in the world kind of day is it when you quote something from South Park? Go figure.

Was thinking a couple weeks ago that we had not yet reached "the depths of winter." Time has passed and we are there now. Trouble is, the depths last until at least the end of February.

On the bookshelf: The Time Traveler's Wife -- by Audrey Niffenegger. I really like it; it's an English major's kind of book, I think. I had an email from a book club member who mentioned she'd heard some were "having trouble" with it, but for me, it's infinitely more readable than some of our selection, notably, anything by Ursula Hegi.
Also, ">Possession by A.S. Byatt. It's not bad either but pretty long, and I keep reading the "Time" book instead--the bad thing is, I'm supposed to have it read by Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment