Pages

Friday, September 5, 2003

September
Means to me, summer over.... Probably from long-ago days when school started the day after Labor Day, and we kissed three full months of freedom good-bye. But not to say I don't appreciate the last days of true summer, even as we creep towards the 20th, or whichever day around there of the autumnal equinox. Can't help but notice how early and how quickly night comes now...before eight. How cool the evenings suddenly are. But a heavy rain last week has made the grass spring-green and mow-worthy. Tomatoes coming fast. The corn has been wonderful.

Quoting
I think that God in creating Man somewhat overestimated his ability. -- Oscar Wilde
I find I rather disagree with Oscar. It's not God who has overestimated...it's man who as under-estimated.

No comments:

Post a Comment