Pages

Monday, April 7, 2003

Click here for National Poetry Month.

Quotes for the day
Man's main task in life is to give birth to himself, to become what he potentially is. -- Erich Fromm

I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business. -- Michael J. Fox, quoted by Lorne A. Adrain in 'The Most Important Thing I Know'

During [these] periods of relaxation after concentrated intellectual activity, the intuitive mind seems to take over and can produce the sudden clarifying insights which give so much joy and delight. -- Fritjof Capra, physicist.

(Oh, this is just funny): I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it. -- Groucho Marx

(This quote reminds me of writing poems): That's the way things come clear. All of a sudden. And then you realize how obvious they've been all along. -- Madeleine L'Engle, The Arm of the Starfish, 1965




No comments:

Post a Comment