Pages

Friday, October 4, 2002

More Laziness
Fall seven times, stand up eight. -- Japanese Proverb

Never despair; but if you do, work on in despair. -- Edmund Burke

Journal Entry
Summer leaving us, but not without a fight. Today still warm and humid but the change is coming, so the weather guys say--and the radar. I wear khaki capris and a flowered shirt. Not plaid or flannel--yet. Still coming down from the hectic buzz that a major event such as the wedding brings. Glad it is over and that it went well. Now, Halloween and my birthday then Thanksgiving and Christmas, and winter.

What I'm Working On, In My Head, Anyway
Sense of Quiet
In the morning I step outside to tend the roses,
So still, I think of Keat's Grecian urn,
"Thou still unravished bride of quietness."
In the evening, I go out again, the hysterical sounds of
Locusts now gone; replaced by the more
Dignified, rythmic drum of crickets.

Very bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment