Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2002

Heroes Among Us
I figured I would not be the only one who thought that ALL of the passengers on Flight 93 were heroic. Just took a little longer than I thought it might. New York Times reporter Jere Longman has researched and written a book about the flight and it sounds great. Click here to read the Dateline story on msnbc.com.

“IT JUST REINFORCES the feeling that everyone lives these lives of quiet dignity. That there’s nobility in the ordinary moments of our lives. And that a person sitting next to you on a plane or a train, or your neighbor or someone, you know, don’t take them for granted,” says Jere Longman, a reporter for “The New York Times” and author of Among the Heroes: United Flight 93 and the Passengers and Crew Who Fought Back .

Link to book excerpt: http://www.msnbc.com/news/787011.asp?0cb=-11197032

Click here to see more about Among the Heroes: United Flight 93 and the Passengers and Crew Who Fought Back by Jere Longman

Working in a office full of editors/writers, it's easy to catch the cynicism sometimes. Even in this supposed-to-be Christian environment--I personally think cynicism has no place in Christianity, but I seem to be the minority. But maybe this links to what I was writing about previously--how I find I am more and more forgiving as I get older--in the office, it seems no one wants to forgive. Or tolerate. But who knows what hero sits among us? What he/she has been through? What he/she is capable of, if asked, if needed?

And I just thought--I must forgive the cynics! They know not what they do. And I know not what they have been through.

No comments:

Post a Comment