Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2002

Journal
Summer finally here...temps over 90, humid, sunny. Trying to nurse some flowers seeds I planted along--although I am watering them twice a day they are not sprouting as they should. May be reduced to "plan B"--some ready-to-plant flowers from Wal-mart!

Busy last night--J.'s last t-ball game of the season. He got to bat last, and so got to hit the "home run," when all the kids run all the way around the bases. He grinned the whole way. Then got his first trophy, AND and ice-cream bar. It's great being almost five.

Quote
Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today armyou against the present. -- Marcus Aurelius Antonius, "Meditations"

Link
Poets and Writers Online at: http://www.pw.org/

Classic
The Sound of the Trees
by: Robert Lee Frost

I WONDER about the trees.
Why do we wish to bear
Forever the noise of these
More than another noise
So close to our dwelling place?
We suffer them by the day
Till we lose all measure of pace,
And fixity in our joys,
And acquire a listening air.
They are that that talks of going
But never gets away;
And that talks no less for knowing,
As it grows wiser and older,
That now it means to stay.
My feet tug at the floor
And my head sways to my shoulder
Sometimes when I watch trees sway,
From the window or the door.
I shall set forth for somewhere,
I shall make the reckless choice
Some day when they are in voice
And tossing so as to scare
The white clouds over them on.
I shall have less to say,
But I shall be gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment