Pages

Friday, May 17, 2002


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Journal
Watery sun this morning on the way to work; chilly and grey clouds to the west. I dream of driving right past the office, on south, just driving and driving until I find somewhere warm and sunny. Instead, I pull in, park, and end up sitting under flourescent light in the coolness of my cubicle. My feet feel cold. I try to remember sitting by the pool at the Paris in Las Vegas; it was about 100, laser sunlight, and when I got out of the pool, my suit was dry in about five minutes. Now, that was heaven.

Can't Escape the Quote, Sorry!

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do.-- Eleanor Roosevelt

Classics

For each ecstatic instant
by Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)


For each ecstatic instant
We must an anguish pay
In keen and quivering ratio
To the ectasty.

For each beloved hour
Sharp pittances of years,
Bitter contested farthings
And coffers heaped with tears.

Link for Today

Writer's Digest at http://www.writersdigest.com/ --great advice, encouragement, articles, contests, links, resources-- you name it, for a writer, it's there.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment