Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2002

Journal Entry

Hard to get back to the swing after a long busy weekend. I like days off too well, and don't seem to get enough of them. The ones I have are so busy! I don't know what I would do with a string of days with little to do...probably find something to do! Or read--I did get some done in the car. Some of my best reading time is there. Read the Lemony Snicket books--A Bad Beginning and The Reptile Room. When I picked them up from on hold at the library the librarian thought I was picking them up for a child--haha. I told her they were for me, I have not outgrown (good) kids' books. I never will and still reread some of my favorites every year, and read good new ones--like Harry Potter. But the Snicket books are funny and sad--the language is wonderful, old-fashioned yet tart. The situations terrible, the resolutions ingenious. I think some parents have not liked the books. I also read To Kill a Mockingbird. I had listened to a wonderful audio version of it last year, read by a woman with a rich southern voice. I still heard her voice as I read it silently; what an insightful, funny, sad, rich experience it is.

Quote

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -- John Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment